Margaret Gonsalves-Sabola is a civil and commercial litigation attorney and an accredited civil and commercial mediator. Margaret has over 21 years' experience in legal practice in the United Kingdom, Jamaica and The Bahamas.
Margaret has been involved in a wide range of civil and commercial matters including contractual disputes, personal injury claims, employment claims, pension litigation, shareholder disputes, professional liability claims, banking disputes, insurance litigation, liquidations and receiverships, trust claims, judicial review applications constitutional claims, competition law and licensing matters. She has appeared in large commercial matters before the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal and the Privy Council. Margaret has advised individuals, international banking clients, insurance companies and local businesses including a local telecommunications provider. She is one of the founding members and the Chairman of the Bahamas Association of Mediators.
- LL.B. (Hons), University of Wolverhampton, United Kingdom 1993
- Barrister, Honourable Society of Gray's Inn, London, United Kingdom 1994
- LL.M. (Business Law), University of Wales, Aberystwyth, United Kingdom 1996
- LEC, Council of Legal Education, Norman Manley Law School, Jamaica, 1996.
- England & Wales
- Antigua & Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator, London School of Mediation, 2012
- Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, 2012
- Lex Mundi Institute, Cross-Border Transactions, Monterey, California, 2004
- ADR Workshop, Faculty of Law, University of Windsor, Nassau, 2006
- EU Competition Law Summer School, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2010
Contributor on Bahamian insolvency law and directors' duties to:
- Multi National Enterprise Liability in Insolvency Proceedings, European Lawyer Reference Series, 1st ed., 2006
- Multi National Enterprise Liability in Insolvency Proceedings,European Lawyer Reference Series, 2nd ed., 2010
- International Insolvency,European Lawyer Reference Series, 3rd ed., 2012
- International Insolvency, Thomson Reuters, 4th ed., 2015
Enforcing a Foreign Judgment, Lawyer Monthly Magazine, December 2012
- Bahamas Bar Association
- Bahamas Association of Mediators
- Bahamas Chamber of Commerce & Employers Confederation
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners